Being born in the middle of the summer means it is incredibly challenging to organize a party. In Europe, this is the time when people take their holidays with family.
This is part of the reason why I began to use my anniversaire (this is how you say birthday in French) as an opportunity to take stock of the things I accomplished and make note of what I want to do next.
I'm also terrible at asking and my "clues" as to what I'd like to do are generally so subtle that they get lost in the shuffle of daily life.
So I thought it a good idea to post my bucket list -- things I want to do, people I'd like to meet, as they occur to me right now -- as an open conversation with the universe, a way to welcome them into my life.
As I was writing this list, I was also impressed with the many places I've spent time in, people I met, and things I have already done. In no particular order:
1. Get a book published
2. Visit San Francisco
3. Take a walk with Brian Eno
4. Speak French fluently
5. Sing in front of an audience
6. Learn to tango
7. Live in an energy self-sufficient home
8. Create an experience that touches thousands of lives
9. Design a fashion line
10. Visit Provence
11. Learn acting
12. Meet Bono
13. Wine tasting in Napa
14. Be on the World Economic Forum guest list
15. Host a big conference
16. Visit Zurich
17. Speak at #WDS2014
18. Do brunch with Meryl Streep
19. Own a Mercedes-Benz
20. Compose a song with Daniel Lanois
21. Produce a show
22. Visit Malta
23. Learn photography
24. Participate to Le Dîner en Blanc in Paris
25. See the sunrise in New Zealand
26. Have my poems published
27. Ride a Ducati
28. Visit Barcelona
29. Visit Lake Como
30. Champagne tasting in Champagne
31. Have dinner with Helen Mirren
32. Visit Montenegro
33. Speak at TED
34. Ride on the Orient Express
35. Visit Capri
36. Live in Geneva for a year
I do like the idea of keeping a few items on the private side.
[hat tip Dustin Curtis]
Valeria is an experienced listener. She is also frequent speaker at conferences and companies on a variety of topics. To book her for a speaking engagement click here.