Based upon the themes that come up most frequently in discussions and work with clients, I updated the write up I use as a conversation starter with event organizers.
My focus is more sharply centered on the impact of making and keeping promises and the emergence of collaboration as a key driver in business.
I am now working with organizers to customize topics based on goals and audience for Fall events.A couple of idea starters I came up with are below. Since you are savvy and smart professionals, I was wondering what topics and themes are worth noting in addition to these.
Digital Products as Evolution of Content
Entrepreneurs and consultants have been leading the (digital) way that many organizations are now following.
Thanks to the ubiquity of broadband access, the familiarity with technology, and the popularity of tablets, content consumption has gone way up.
It has become viable for media companies to start packaging content for on demand viewing, especially in response to new entrants offering purchase of original content for streaming, and for news organizations to start experimenting with new models that are not so dependent on advertising revenue.Some key areas of focus for this conversation are:
- Thinking beyond tactics to creating an authentic and sustainable model
- How to increase value by embedding products and services with purpose-driven utility
- Examples of business that are succeeding at creating revenue streams
What's Next in Customer Experience
Customers are accelerating the adoption of mobile technologies to get things done on the go. Trends like showrooming are blending the digital/in store experiences with serious operational implications for retailers.
Digital media has opened the door to limitless inventory choices and online only retailers are winning the day through a combination of auction (e.g., eBay), and fast/reliable delivery (e.g., Amazon). Providing great customer experiences is still a winning strategy.
However, today it needs to happen across media and tools. Successful
companies are leveraging a combination of technology and design to
create personalized offerings in real time — and over time.
What’s Next is designed to address some combination of the following questions:
- What are the tech, service design, and operational implications of customers accelerating the blending of digital/in store?
- How do you bridge online and offline, word of mouse with word of mouth to help turn prospects into buyers (one transaction), buyers into customers (repeat transactions), and customers into fans and evangelists?
- How do you calculate the life time value of experiences you provide with your products/services?
Past events include
Recent speaking engagements include International CES, Digital Age 2.0 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, reThink in Oslo, Norway, the Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMMA) Summit, Vocus User Group conference, keynotes on influence at SxSW Interactive and Confab the Content Strategy conference, BlogWorld, FutureM summit, Web 2.0 Expo, BrandCamp, The Inbound Marketing Summit, Marketing Prof’s B2B Forum, and Mediabistro Circus.
Valeria is an experienced listener. She is also frequent speaker at conferences and companies on a variety of topics. To book her for a speaking engagement click here.