To kick off the holiday weekend (U.S.), let's have some fun by going down memory lane. You know you are spending too much time on Twitter when:
- You think @Twitter is mostly about YOU!
- Your emails are 140 characters long
- You write @Mom
- You are actually paranoid about NOT being followed
- You look forward to summer so you can hang out on TweetDeck
- You don't understand why your company event is not being tweeted
- You find out you have been appointed to a vacant Senate seat before the Governor has called you
- You have a framed picture of your avatar on your desk instead of your kids
- You find out that "tweet" has nothing to do with ornithology
- You think Twitter is where collectors find beautiful quotes to post to Facebook
Today we are actually spending less time on Twitter than we used to -- at least I am.
More Top Tens I have blogged over the years (because we still do click on those links, and there is some element of truth lumped in with the fun).
- Top Ten Signs You're Drinking your Own Kool-Aid When Pitching Bloggers - if your blogger outreach person doesn't understand that content is the connective tissue of digital media, chances are he/she has been drinking too much of your kool-aid to do a good job when pitching.
Top Ten Sins of Agencies - is the agency model broken? I think it is. I think it's time to reinvent what it means to create a different kind of experience, and it begins in the relationship with the agency itself.
Top Ten Reasons Why Your Company Should not Have a Blog - with a blog you're very much in the art of possibility mode vs. the confines of the limited universe of one-way thinking. What would happen if you took a seat in the midst of the audience? What would you see, feel, experience, learn?
Top Ten Reasons Why You're not a Leading Brand - The marketplace is flooded with "me, me, me" brands who don't lead because leadership is not about talking, it's about doing. It requires commitment and hard work to stay the course - just like blogging and social media do.
Top Ten Reasons Why Your Content Marketing Strategy Fails - Will your customers and prospects find you on the Web when they're looking for the resources you provide? Will your articles, bylines, white papers, eBooks, blog posts convey that you understand the issues - their issues - at play in the marketplace?
Ten Ways to Spot a Fake (when hiring a consultant) - While any true expert might fall short on one or two of these, you might consider them warning signs and dig deeper if something doesn't sit well with you. Do your due diligence and find out if there is a fit with your desired objectives and business outcomes.
Top Ten Reasons Why Your LinkedIn Question is Getting (Mostly) Pitches - when we still had questions; now we have "influencers." This post contains some useful advice on asking questions that can be applied beyond LinkedIn features: The difficulty comes when you're the one asking the question.
Top Reasons Why Your Customer Service Fails - It’s no secret that when the time comes to evaluate your customer service, the finger pointing begins -– and all fingers point suspiciously somewhere else. Let’s be courageous and look at some of the symptoms that point to cultural failure.Enjoy the long weekend!
Valeria is an experienced listener. She designs service and product experiences to help businesses rediscover the value of promises and its effect on relationships and culture. She is also frequent speaker at conferences and companies on a variety of topics. Book her to speak here.