This page is about you. The comments on this page are open so that you can create a written self-portrait to share what you want others to know about you. If you feel that you'd like to start a conversation with other readers and with me about yourself - this is the right place to do that.
Ideal conversations here are about fair exchanges and reciprocity. I am deeply interested in listening and getting to know you.
Networking is a lot more than a business strategy to advance our professional position. As Theodore Zeldin puts it in an article about The Future of Networking, it is more than a device for creative media free-lancers, or a rescue package for
redundant executives. Most of the population does not fit into these categories so we need to expand our definition for a clear vision of the future.
For networking will not realize its full potential until it benefits everybody, leaving no one out. Otherwise, we remain stuck in the rut which infuriated our ancestors, that the networks of the privileged were impenetrable by ordinary people.
This is fundamentally what the vision for this space is and why I talk about connecting ideas and people. Zeldin talks about four areas of connection:
- Finding links between ideas that seem unrelated - what you need to be imaginative is courage, which comes from curiosity and empathy, with a dash of experience.
- Searching for what people have in common - to do that we discover compatibilities, what makes us human, and from that we develop strategies which are beautiful as well as efficient.
- Developing friendships that override gender, racial and national stereotypes - all languages are welcome, although I might need your help to understand and welcome you properly.
- Seeking to weave together networks of experience - so we can learn from each other. Every profession with intelligent people in it will want to be more.
Networking is a process through which we enable who we are to be activated - with empathy, compassion, and respect. My body of work may give you an idea of how I think. This is what I do. Tell us about you.
Connections you can make:
- Angel Investors, Meet Caroline Di Diego, Film Narrator and Entrepreneur
- Syndicators, Meet Bill Harman, Radio Program Director and Connector
- Law Enforcement Agents, Meet Christa Miller and Become Cops 2.0
- Connectors, Meet Ryan Stevens, Creator of Conversations on Relationship Marketing
- Change Agents, Meet Alex Grech, Change Incubator
- Producers, Meet Colleen Wainwright, the Communicatrix
- Multi-Lingual, Global Marketers, Meet Kelly Rigotti, Emerging Markets Student
- Small Business Owners, Meet Steve Gaines, Passionate Marketer
- Auto Enthusiasts, Meet Brian Driggs, Steering Communities since 2002
- Meet DJ Waldow, Community Builder
- John Spence Makes the Complex Awesomely Simple
- Architects, Meet Collier Ward, Content Creator
- Meet Gianandrea Facchini, Brand Buzz Detector
- B2B Marketers, Meet Jeremy Victor, Entrepreneur, Editor in Chief, Consultant
more coming soon...