Many businesses that are looking for a marketing strategy inclusive of social media have an existing track record. With a mature brand that is looking to reinvent its way to growth, in addition to the smart decisions the business needs to make, you can change the game by waging a war of movement.
Due to an increasingly cluttered market, many younger brands are using this strategy for execution successfully today.
What does war of movement mean? You:
- own the movement, a direction
- reflect flexibility and speed in holding the course
- bring customers on a journey, a specific path moving forward
The game is about who is going where. This is how you create signal and stand out.
Strategy is motivation
The most frequently asked questions teams ask during a strategic engagement range from learning what best practices like companies use online, to how to respond in a crisis situation. Yet, by far, the biggest challenge organizations face is that of building continuity and consistency in their interactions.
Why is this such a challenge?
- many organizations operate in an environment where buy in by multiple groups is a necessity
- thinking ahead is hard when immersed in the day-to-day operations of the business
- planning programs vs. campaigns requires coordination with several other agencies, especially in the enterprise
- companies are still having a hard time reconciling the name recognition of the individual vs. using a completely branded approach online
- analysis-paralysis or inability to get started
- over reliance on the opinion of experts with little attention paid to the ideas and feedback of the people on the front lines
Brands with passionate evangelists
Brand success stories
Planning marketing executions
The biggest opportunity for companies in social media is that to transform buyers into customers -- to increase the number of transactions people have with them from one to more than one. The three major areas of opportunity I see for organizations and brands to help business become more social are:
- situational awareness
- ambient concierge
- adaptive DNA
Becoming more social for business means helping people do what they already want to do, instead of trying to take their attention away from those things. This includes employees and evangelists.
Performance can and should be measured as part of a process along a continuum designed to expand reach, increase engagement, build influence, and request action on behalf of your business - with social media integrated in the communications mix.
These materials should get you started in understanding the importance of having a brand marketing strategy that integrates social communications and provide good examples from brands big and small already doing it.
Valeria is an experienced listener. She is also frequent speaker at conferences and companies on a variety of topics. To book her for a speaking engagement click here.